College Station, TX 77840
Office Hours: 9am-6pm
Fluid and gas dynamics, numerical modeling, combustion, plasma discharges, plasma assisted ignition and combustion, turbulence.
BS, MS, Applied mathematics and mechanics, Kharkov National University, Ukraine, School of mechanics and mathematics
Ph.D., Mechanics of liquid, gas and plasma, Kharkov National University, Ukraine
Dr. of Sciences Degree, Mechanics of liquid, gas and plasma, Kyiv Aviation University, Ukraine
The Honored Professor Award, Ukraine, 2016
Diploma of Merit of the Ukrainian Ministry of Education and Science, 2013
A Badge of Honor of the Ukrainian Ministry of Education and Science, 2013
Fulbright Grant US Department of State, Princeton University, 2009-2010
Window on Science Program of AFOSR, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011
Invited Professor, Warsaw Polytechnic University, 2014, 2015
Visiting Scientist, Applied Physics Lab of Princeton University, 2015, 2014, 2012
International Collaborator on AFOSR Multi University Plasma Assisted Combustion Program, 2012
Invited Speaker, Sandia National Lab, June, 2012.
Session Chair on the 50th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, Nashville , TN, 2012
- Tropina A.A., Shneider M.N., Miles R.B. Ignition by Short Duration, Nonequilibrium Plasma: Basic Concepts and Applications in Internal Combustion Engines, Combustion Science and technology, 2016.
- Tropina A.A., Shneider M.N., Miles R.B. Femtosecond laser discharge and small scale turbulence. AIAA Paper 2016- 0461, 54th American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) SciTech Conference , 4 -8 January 2016, San-Diego, CA, USA.
- Plasma assisted combustion, gasification, and pollution control: volume 2. combustion and gasification ( editor I.Matveev), Outskirts Press, 2015, ISBN-10:1478769203, 502 p., pages P. 166-202.
- R. Edwards,C. Limbach, R. B. Miles, A. Tropina. Limitations on High-Spatial Resolution Measurements of Turbulence Using Femtosecond Laser Tagging. AIAA Paper 2015- 1219, 53th American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) SciTech Conference , 5 – 9 January 2015, Kissimmee, FL.
- A. Tropina, A.P. Kuzmenko, S.V. Marasov, D.V. Vilchinsky . Ignition system based on the nanosecond pulsed discharge // IEEE Trans. on Plasma Sci. – 2014. – Vol.42.- Issue 12 – P.3881-3885.
- A. Tropina, M. Shneider, R. Miles. Turbulent Cascade Process in Arc Driven Plasma Channels//AIAA Paper 2014- 0668, 52th AIAA SciTech Conference , 13-17 January 2014, National Harbor, Maryland.=
- A. Tropina, M. Shneider, R. Miles. Dynamics of a Laser-Induced Filament Supported and Controlled by a Direct Current Discharge // AIAA paper-2013-0921, 51th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, 7-10 January 2013, Grapevine, Texas.
- A. Tropina, M.N. Shneider, R.B. Miles. Influence of turbulent pulsations on the deviation from ionization equilibrium, 50th Aerospace Sciences Meeting , 9-12 January 2012, Nashville, Tennessee, AIAA 2012-0661.
- A. Tropina, M. Uddi, Y. Ju. Nonequilibrium plasma influence on the minimum ignition energy. Part 2// IEEE Trans. on Plasma Sci. – 2011. − V.39. − P.3283-3287.
- A. Tropina, M.N. Shneider, R.B. Miles. Ignition delay time and laminar flame velocity for a combined laser-microwave ignition// IEEE Trans. on Plasma Sci. – 2011. − V.39. − P.3263-3268.
- A. Tropina, M. Uddi, Y. Ju. Non-equilibrium plasma influence on the minimum ignition energy. Part 1: Discharge model.// IEEE Trans. on Plasma Science, 2011, Vol. 39, P.615-633.
- Serbin, A. Mostipanenko, I. Matveev, A.A. Tropina. Improvement of gas turbine plasma assisted combustor characteristics // AIAA paper-2011-61, 49th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, 4-7 January, 2011, Orlando, Florida, USA.
- A. Tropina, J. B. Michael,M. Shneider, R. Miles. Methane-air mixture ignition by combined laser and microwave discharge // AIAA paper-2011-1211, 49th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, 4-7 January, 2011, Orlando, Florida, USA.